Sunday, August 26, 2007

One Brief Glimpse

I ordered a late lunch from Bassa Nova and was walking down to pick it up. The route I take are through some back alleys and they are just that, alleys. Discarded furniture, a sleeping homeless person, dumpsters proclaiming, “Ziva is a fag”. The surrounding apartments run about four to five stories up. It’s an alley.

So I’ walking down and I catch the sound of a violin. It’s live, you can tell the difference. The lone instrument is cleanly playing Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. I think it’s Autumn. maybe Spring, I always forget which is which.



I was really struck for a moment and stopped to listen. In the middle of all this concrete, trash and broken glass came this beautiful piece of music. I’d say it would be akin to finding a flower growing through the pavement.

Just a really nice moment.

No comments: