Sunday, December 30, 2007

Caffeine

Here's a quick little thing that I've noticed. I'm jackin' caffeine into my system like it's illegal. And it is having some adverse effects. At least that's what I'm attributing my mental freak-outs too.

Freak-out is too strong a word, but aggressive feelings have been popping up and I've been trying to figure out why.

WHAT I KNOW: The mind attempts to legitimize why the body is reacting the way it is. So if I have an accelerated heart rate or feeling uncomfortable or twitchy, the mind will find an emotional excuse as to why your body is behaving the way it is.

EXAMPLE: When someone upsets you, your body begins to tense up. The brain says that your body is tense because someone is upsetting you, the only way to relieve this is to attach and get the thing that is causing tension to go away. You then become angry and attack.

MY CASE: My body has been reacting to too much caffeine. The mind is falling back on situations and people that I have been angry with, because it has caused the same bodily reactions in the past. So I get angry for no reason at people in my mind and feel aggressive towards them for no legitimate reason.

RESOLUTION: Less caffeine will relax the body and in turn relax the mind.

This is of course only a possible theory, but one I'm sticking to for the time being. I do have some hurt feelings over certain friendships right now and relationships not going in the direction that I want them too (spoiled shit that I am). But my mental response is not logical or balanced, I guess, is the word to use.

Anyway long story short... Gots'ta chill on the sodas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one word "decaf"