Thursday, July 17, 2008

Similarities

So, I'm reading this fantastic book called Seagalogy. It's "A Study of the ass-kicking films of Steven Seagal". However stupid it may sound, it is an incredibly well written thought out and purposely funny book.

Since I leave the responsibility of watching crap to Schu, I haven't seen a Seagal film since the mid 90's. And even then it was bits and pieces when I was projecting at a movie theater. So for the hell of it I decided to re-watch Above The Law, Seagal's cinematic debut.

While I was watching it, I kept feeling like I'd seen one of the tertiary characters before. I wrote it off originally to having seen scads of films. Then in one scene it clicked. I think I took the guys picture!

I was out on Hollywood Blvd. snapping photos of interesting faces one day and I thought this guy was just bizarro. It was the narrow eyes and pencil mustache that did it.

Are these the same guy? Tough to say. Above the Law came out in 1988, this picture was taken in 2008. Twenty years can change a guy. You be the judge.





No comments: