Friday, January 30, 2009

Ode To My iPod

My very first original iPod is being retired. It's name is Tachikoma, named after the robot tanks in Ghost In The Shell. I'm a geek, I know.

We've been through a lot over the past, what's it been 4 years? That's pretty impressive. It's one of the second generation black and white display models. I love it to death. It has witnessed me gain weight, lose weight and gain it back. It's gone on many adventures with me, introduced me to podcasts and music I'd never heard before. It's worked overtime when it came to deliver me information and now it's time to rest.

I'm retiring it because it is getting a little wonky with its battery and I just finished a job editing some projects up at Sundance. I decided that as part of a paycheck celebration, I'd get a new iPod and have enscribed "I survived Sundance 2009". It arrived today and now I'm feeling a little sad. Odd how I tend to personify objects that have been in my life. Though it may have more to do with the cold I caught from being in the snow and I'm hopped up on DayQuil. Doesn't matter, the emotions are there.

Life goes on. Friends come and friends go. Technology advances and we run our asses off trying to stay on top of it.

Now get some rest little iPod, I may end up calling on you some day soon.

No comments: