Sunday, October 21, 2007

Keep It Fluffy

This entry is a 3 Musketeers candy bar bitches! This sucker is light and fluffy and keepin’ it simple.

SIDE NOTE:

Have I mentioned I’ve recently grown quite fond of them? I don’t remember eating them as a child, I’m sure I had one or two from Halloweens past, but I don’t remember. So I bought one a few weeks ago and damned if I didn’t think it was one tasty treat. I know, it’s plain and simple and there are no nuts or caramel or fun things in it that make it a real candy bar. Well to that I say, “Fuck you”. They still make the damned thing, so people must eat them. Now I admit they are not as yum-yum as a Charleston Chew (all flavors) but it’s still a fine candy bar.

Plus can you name one other candy bar named after a classic piece of literature? Exactly! The “War and Pieces” niblets never took off and “Nougats from the Underground” was a total disaster. (I dedicate that last one to all you Russian lit. majors out there.)

So good job Mr. Dumas, I may find your writing a little campy, but the candy bar is superb.

END SIDE NOTE. (Yeah it’s a little long for a side note.)

Anyway. I have been trolling e-bay off and on for movie posters to purchase and frame. I’m in a wall hanging mood. Plus I found a place that makes custom size frames on-line. They are well-constructed and inexpensive, thanks for asking.

So I keep running across some seller who prints reproductions. I’m looking for originals, but this place has some nice reprints. Now, every damn poster they sell, they put this picture up next to it.



Honestly, does anyone look at this and say, “Holy shit, it’s like the poster has come to life in my very own home!” I’m hoping it’s a bit of a laugh on the sellers behalf, but there is that part of me that thinks the guy is serious.

Some miniature glasses and black turtle neck wearing guy named Gunter, really wants me to feel what it would be like to have this poster hanging up in my futuristic plastic Ikea house.

And just in case I am a total idiot, I am told that the poster may not look the same in my dwelling and I don’t get any of that cool furniture with the 9.99 I’m spending on the poster!

This of course brings up the dilemma of the night. If I want the poster, should I go out and buy the furniture to guarantee that it will display properly in my shitty apartment?

Of course I do! Don’t I do everything an e-bay seller tells me! How else am I going to live unless other people tell me how too?

So the silver paint, couch, chair, rug, and a wicked lamp (my addition) that has fiber optic dingle-berries hanging off it will cost me approximately $3,458.96. That is without labor for painters, delivery charges or the cost of the poster itself, which I will no longer be able to afford.

Now for the same price I can get 4804 Three Musketeer bars.

The choice is clear. Dumas, you magnificent bastard!

No comments: