Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just Sayin'

1.
I’ve been on call all weekend. The call came in early Saturday about some top secret footage coming in and I need to be ready to come in. So it’s Sunday night and I’m still waiting. Never going to see a movie or going out with a friend or those things that I had planned. It’s my own fault. I should have just done it. Not worry about being able to get to work in a couple minutes. Everyone else lies in the valley or O.C., it taking a few extra minutes to trudge across town wouldn’t have been a big deal.

2.
If you’re one of those people that display how much money you make on your MySpace account. Take it down. It makes you look like a total asshole. It’s like sending flowers to your girl at work. It doesn’t show that you care about her; it shows that you are pissing on your territory and you’re more of a collector than a caring human being.


3.
I’m watching Days Of Heaven right now. The new Criterion edition. It’s pretty fucking amazing. The visuals are stunning and I like it a lot more than I remember. This may actually be the first time I’ve ever seen it sober. I wonder how many movies I need to go back and re-watch. How I’ll see them now. I’ve wasted so much time. Bothersome.

4.
Some people need to have as many folks around them as possible. It somehow validates their existence. I’ve never understood why. They can’t just go out with one person, but have to call and pester and get everyone to go out. Maybe they are afraid that they don’t have enough inside them. Maybe they think that they’ll be discovered as a fraud if they spend too much time hanging out with one person. Maybe they’re just scared of being alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering how great the restoration, did you notice the total lack of fanfare with the Days of Heaven Criterion DVD? I bought it and watched again for the first time in years the other night. Interesting interviews with the cinemagraphers and Sam Shepard. Richard Gere's interview - not so interesting.