Thursday, October 18, 2007

Untitled

So I had my first therapy session on Tuesday. It was good, really good. I think I’ve got a good therapist. He’s very active and the discussion is about seeing where I lack strengths where I want strengths and will start to figure out how to make progress. My issues with social behavior, my relationship issues, these are being addressed with a very adventurous manner. So far, so good.

I’ve of course come to some conclusions on my own and even have little moments that remind me of what it is I’m looking for. I realized today that one of the things I miss most about Shea was the back and forth when it came to my stories. We’d sit over dinner and I’d express my ideas. She’d ask questions, throw walls up that I had to figure out how to get around. It would be a fun and creative time and I feel, I can’t speak for her, that they were fun. The idea of pulling words from the ether that would be the building blocks for images was a really great time. It’s something I want to find again. it's something that I cherish and something that I cherished in our relationship. It's not always a bad thing to have good memories of the past. (There is a wink there.)

No comments: