Saturday, July 22, 2006

Harper And The Girls

Harper.

No, not the movie staring Paul Newman, a good flick though.

No not the Author of, To Kill A Mocking Bird, but related.

No, not the Valley P.T.A., never watched it.

It’s the name of my new niece. Harper was born at five a.m. this morning to my sister Janene and her husband Joe. This is her second child and I hate to admit it, but I still haven’t met the first one. I’m a bad uncle. Another thing I hate to admit, is I don’t know their last name… Wait, I think its Delesandro. I’ll get back to you on that.

I believe Harper was named after the author Harper Lee, my sister's favorite book. Again, I'll get back to you on that.


Anyway, I want to send out a heart felt congratulations to them and the family. All of my love and support, I wish you nothing but happiness. I think it’s wonderful that she has gone the way of creating a loving caring family. She has decided to attempt to break the chain of dysfunctionalism that has flowed in our bloodline for many generations. I never had the guts to do it and I am proud of her and the steps she has taken.

True, there are no guarantees in life, but she has taken the risk and I applaud it.


The Girls

Another event is taking place this weekend that I want to send my love to… No, not Comic Con. But to Amy and Inge who are getting married this weekend.


Yes those are two female names, which is good, because they are both women. Even though in the eyes of the state and a very sad America, they cannot be recognized legally as married, they are having an official ceremony this weekend for family and friends. Amy is one of the greatest people I know and they were both very supportive of me as I struggled to overcome my alcohol and addiction issues. They didn’t have to give me a second chance, but they did and I owe them a debt of gratitude for it.

I wish you both a long and happy relationship. All of my love and good thoughts go out to you.

John

No comments: