Sunday, July 30, 2006

There Is A Plan…

I don’t know what it is, but I’m supposed to believe it exists, so I will.

I didn’t get the Ellen Gig, so we’ll see what’s next. That’s where this introspective look at life is coming from.

Apparently this job was not in the cards and has nothing to do with my future, so I’m writing it off as one more “No” before I hear a “Yes.”

Supposedly as I stated above, the universe has a plan for me and it’s not my place to question or judge it. I just need to hang on for the ride and try to enjoy the ups and learn from the downs.

This is much easier to accept since I’ve got that contract work through GoTv. I’ve been asked to cover two more shifts this next week and you don’t hear me complaining. Money is money and I have to confess, the job is kind of interesting. I’m learning some new software and how to edit different types of segments that you see in the news and on entertainment television. I’ve learned a lot actually and I can see why things are done the way they are.

The best part about the freelance bit is that I’m not stuck in one department. Last week was entertainment. This week is the news. Next week, maybe sports or humor. So I’ll get to diversify quite a bit and gain a lot of new skills.

I’m not saying there hasn’t been disappointment from not getting the Ellen gig. Of course I was bummed, but I bounced back faster this time because it was not a make it or break it opportunity. I just need to keep reminding myself that there is a bigger plan for me and I need to keep my mind open for those opportunities that will help me find the proper path.


The funny thing is I wonder if the path in my mind and the intended path are the same. I want to make movies, but will I discover something that is just as satisfying and bring me as much happiness as that creative endeavor? I don’t know, but I’ll find out. That’s the way life works.


Oh, yeah. July 27th equaled 22 months clean and sober. Take that you doubting bitches.

No comments: