Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Now What?

I haven’t been writing a lot lately. As a matter of fact, I haven’t been doing a lot of things lately. I can blame my former job for this, but as we all know that would be silly. I am responsible for my actions, my thoughts, my well-being, my blah, blah, blah.

I’ve fallen off of several wagons apparently. Not drinking or drugs mind you. I’m still very clean and sober. But what about my writing, what about my health, what about my fuckin’ podcast?

Man I’ve slid down a very log slope and feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. Just thinking about it is exhausting. That isn’t good. It keeps me from even attempting the first step. And that’s all I have to do, take that first step and follow it up with the next step. Don’t look down the road to search for a finish line. I know there isn’t one. So I should look down at my feet and just take that first step. I don’t need an overall plan, just a single move.



That’s what I should start on, the single move. Get used to it, then add in the next one. Easy cheesy.

So a small step. Tell you tomorrow what I’ve done. Let you in on those steps and see if I get anywhere. Don’t think about failure, because there is nothing to fail at. Just movement.


See, I’ve written my first blog post. One step, no big deal.

No comments: