Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bye, Bye, Four-Eye

So here is the deal folks, I’m getting Lasik.

On January 30th my eyes will be locked open like Alex Delong and I’ll be receiving a form of Ludovico treatment. When it’s over I’ll have these goofy goggle things taped over my eyes for several hours and all I’ll be able to do is listen to podcasts. When it’s all over, my vision will be fixed and I’ll be looking at the world with new eyes.
Is this a little scary? Yes. The idea of having some laser piercing through my eye is not an image I want to concentrate on. I also hope that I don’t get sick to my stomach when I listen to Beethoven.

I’ve been wearing glass since I was 11. That’s 24 years of eye care. 24 years of waking up every morning an not being able to see he world until I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed those magnifying pieces of glass.

It’s really exciting. And a new experience to add to my collection of life’s little moments

No comments: