Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Flash

So we’re going crazy with the rain right now. We’ve got flash flood warnings, the power has gone out and we’ve got to jack up the volume on the television just to hear through the rain.

In seven days I’ll be sitting on a couch, probably laying down, with my eyes closed and waiting patiently for the hour when I can slowly open them again. Hopefully, my vision will be back to perfect and I’ll be able to see through women’s clothing. I’ve been thinking about what I’ll se first. I’m pondering having Izzy woken up so I can open my eyes to se him. An interesting fantasy, but the truth will probably be a chair or dirty coffee table. So it goes.

What I’m more curious about is the first movie I’ll watch. I’ll be staying away from television for a few days while my eyes fully heal, but I’d like to make the first film I watch something special. Yeah, I’m a geek, but it will be a movie I will have a new attachment to. I want something good. I’ve been thinking of a Kurosawa film, but I had the idea that I may watch In The Mood For Love. It is a visually stunning film and I haven’t seen it in a while. It is a brilliant film. I strongly recommend it, first time with new eyes or not.

I just had a quick flash so I’m off to look into buying a Capuchin Monkey. Wish me luck.

No comments: