Thursday, May 18, 2006

INT. KITCHEN – DAY

I had a plan when I made the decision to move down here. So far, it has not been put into action. There are two projects that I wish to complete. Since I am not working and I continue to be lazy about looking for a job, I should take advantage of this opportunity to sit down and continue my writing.

The fear of starting these projects is quite strong. It seems that I have put myself in the place to create; now I must create. How do I start? Where do I start?

I just thought of the book Bird By Bird by Anne Lamot. The title comes from a story about her younger brother. He had a project for school, a report on birds. He kept putting it off and putting it off. The night before it was due, he was in a state of panic. His father walked by the table where he was working and saw all of the textbooks and pictures of birds and asked how it was going. The boy said he didn’t know where to start. How would he ever complete the project? As is given away in the title of the book, the father patted him on the shoulder and replied, “Bird by bird.”

Time to pick a bird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, its e.

so are you saying you want help picking your bird???

Anonymous said...

Ok, so my dumb ass read the thing backward and didnt noice until the end.

here is my last comment so you will see it if you dont read down

Woob! thats so cute! I have now read almost all of your entries and I can see now that you, like me, have a cycle!! I urge you to re read your entry 'the real day one' and pay attention to the part about keeping your feet on the ground and keep doing the work... like im one to talk!!

PS- Hi S. thanks for taking good care of my buddy! (buddy I hope, I was kind of an ass to him of late)

e


(I bet you wish you had not told me about this,... you see, i have time on my hands down here, not being able to sleep... going to St. Alfonso in the morning... early!