Friday, May 12, 2006

The Real Day One

So I spent my first night in the new place last night. It was odd. Not really odd, just different. I’ve been putting it off for a while, staying at Aaron and Barbra’s for as long as possible. Up until now I have been able to make it feel like I was on an extended vacation. Going to movies, touring around town, relaxing on the couch. Now it is very real, very permanent. The other day I was having very strong reservations about my move down here. I felt I was doing the wrong thing. I ended up calling Shea at one in the morning to talk. She’s such an incredible person. She took the time and spent an hour with me on the phone to help me get through it, even though she had to be at work the next morning and is famous for needing her sleep.

I felt better and now here I am. I’ve got a place to live. I’ve got the wheels to get around. That only leaves one more item on the checklist, a job. So get that finished and I can start on the next thing, whatever that may be.

Am I just another one of those dreamers that steps off the bus with dreams of a career in Hollywierd? You betcha. So what makes me different? Nothing, I just intend to do the work, keep my feet on the ground and take the bad with the good.

I say that now not having to deal with the bad. When the bad hits, I’ll be crying in the corner like a little girl. That should be exciting to report on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Woob,

Your blog is great, and I'm so happy to see you started one. I'm excited to see LA through your eyes. Get that camera back soon.

Love,
s.

Anonymous said...

Woob! thats so cute! I have now read almost all of your entries and I can see now that you, like me, have a cycle!! I urge you to re read your entry 'the real day one' and pay attention to the part about keeping your feet on the ground and keep doing the work... like im one to talk!!

PS- Hi S. thanks for taking good care of my buddy! (buddy I hope, I was kind of an ass to him of late)

e