Monday, September 25, 2006

Another Day In The Factory

Two things of note that took place today. The first is a quote. A woman in the office was gossiping on the phone with a friend and this is what she said.

“She’s getting married to some bigwig. He’s like John Tesh’s assistant or something.”

Wow! All I need is a gig as Mary Hart or Judge Judy’s assistant and I can be considered a bigwig amongst all the ladies.

The second thing that happened is my possible network debut. I was chosen by the host to be a part of one of those pre-taped skits. An assistant (bigwig) came into the office and asked if I wouldn’t mind being pushed around in a chair by the shows host while she sang, “For he’s a jolly good fellow” to me. I’d have to pull a Buster Keaton face while she did it. They also wanted me to wear a birthday hat.

My boss was ecstatic and said yes for me. She was excited. I was not. The host came in and we chatted. She seems like a nice gal and would probably be a hoot at a dinner party. We shot the routine and afterwards Dave who works with me came in and said the Host had picked me personally for the bit. She had seen me in the office and pointed to the bigwig (assistant) and said she wanted me. You’re thinking It’s because my rugged good looks hit it off well on camera, but you’re wrong.

The real reason she asked for me was because I’m a bit of a minority in the office. I’m one of the few guys who are straight and pushing around a gay guy in a chair seemed a little…gay.

I have a feeling I’ll be edited out, or it’ll be condensed so you get about one second of me, but we’ll see. It was goofy nonetheless and got me out of my regular job for a few minutes.

Another day closes in tinsel town.

2 comments:

I'm GabeZilla. said...

Dude, get me that tape. I MUST have that tape...

Anonymous said...

We ALL want that footage. It'll look nice edited with my Starcade footage.