Thursday, September 21, 2006

Update

I wanted to work they put me to work. Twelve-hour days, fifteen yesterday, I’m being run ragged. Editing is going well. I wouldn’t call it the most creative work I’ve done, but it’s great to practice cutting.

I wish I had a lot to say right now, but it’s all business. Nothing much going on in my life. I’ve been doing the dreams of stuff I want to buy, places I’d like to move to all that crap. I’m not going to jump too fast this time though. I need to set money aside and pay off some bills. I’ll be finding a new place with Gabe in the near future and taking care of some small things, but I’ve decided to wait to make sure the show is renewed before buying a car. But the plans for now are enough to keep me busy and moving towards what and who I want to be.

Oh…

A legendary cinematographer has passed away.

Sven Nykvist who is most famous for being Ingmar Bergman’s Director of Photography passed away.

I hate to say I’ve seen very few Bergman films, but it’s true. Due to my low self-esteem, I’m afraid they’d intimidate me. Silly to a fault, but that’s how I’ve always looked at it.

Nykvist did shoot one of my favorite Woody Allen movies, Crimes and Misdemeanors. It is an all around incredible movie, but its look is something to behold.

I just wanted to a moment to a man who is looked at as one of the finest. I am glad that he was around to contribute to an art form that I love and respect.

It looks like I have some Bergman films to start watching.

I’ll try to find some fun work stories, but I’m a deck jockey way too often to get out and explore much. I haven’t even seen the stage.

So I’ll work on digging up some dirt.

No comments: