Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy B-Day

It's an hour early, but at 11:52 I'll have finished my last drink two years ago.

Two years clean and sober. Smoke that!

I had written this huge entry, but realized it was pretentious and silly. I'm not one to talk and lecture. We all learn in our own time what we need to learn.

I will say one thing though. This is something I've been using a lot recently just to keep myself straight.

"If I think I have it figured out, I know I'm on the wrong track."

It's not my place to know. It's my place to be. Stay on top of learning and life will happen on it's own. These are things I try to remember. I don't live by them yet, because I always want to be the know it all smart guy, but I'm working on it.

I don't want to be the smart guy, I just don't want to be stupid. Does that make sense? If not, ask me and I'll explain it.

Anyway. Here I am, still standing on my own two feet and still being carried forward by a strength that is not mine, but one I have faith in.

I am not a praying man, but this is the one that we say in A.A. and I believe in it.

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference."

Can't ask for more than that...Well you could, but I'm trying not to push too hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats, brotha.