Saturday, September 16, 2006

Emotional Conundrum

Three months ago I sent a letter to Margaret. She’s the mother of Ash. He’s my biological son. I haven’t seen him in seven years. He’ll turn 10 on October 1st.

I received a response today and it simply said that Ash could possibly see me in October. It would have to be on a weekend, it would have to take place in Tucson; Ash determines when our meeting is over and my mother and or stepfather must be present.

All of this out of left field and suddenly I’m scared shitless about this thing. Can I go through with this? I was hoping for a positive response, but I was thinking a letter, or a phone call first. This seems very sudden and frightening.

Am I behaving like a coward? I sent the email, shouldn't I be thankful?

I can't take it all in tright now.

No comments: