Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ghost Of The Past Pt. 3

I hate to say that this may be the last entry into the tracking down of an old friend, but this may be all, folks.

I called, “The Chateau” yesterday and yes, Fergal does work there. Yes, he was working when I called. No they wouldn’t let me talk to him because he was working. Yes, I did leave a message to have him call me back. No I haven’t heard anything yet.

It is too early to tell, but the ball is in his court now. Will he call back? I have no idea.

Oh, but wait. As I was writing this I tried one more thing. I entered his name and Boston into Google and I got a hit that included a phone number. Why didn’t I try that before? I’m just not that bright I guess. Is it his number? How many Fergal Mitchell’s can there be in beantown?

Maybe I’ll give it a call today and see if I get an answer. Maybe I’ll give it a week and see if he’ll get in touch with me first.

I have pretty much completed what I set out to do. Find out where he is and if he’s all right. I know where he lives and he is still very much among the living. He can’t be doing too badly if he is gainfully employed and has been for a period of time, right?

Should I stop now? Should I let him be? Does any of this really matter?

What do I really want to achieve from this? Is there more to it than just checking in on an old friend?

Any suggestions or ideas?

UPDATE: THE PHONE # I GOT FOR FERGAL OFF OF GOOGLE IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE AND NO FORWARDING # WAS ATTACHED. SO AGAIN< THE BALL IS BACK IN HIS COURT.

No comments: