Saturday, June 10, 2006

Angels And Demons


They say faith does not exist without doubt. Don’t ask me who said it, I’ve just heard it. If this is the first time you’ve heard it, then I said it and I want credit when you use it.

Last night I posted a piece about me going nuts. I received several calls from friends who wanted to make sure I was all right. I’m fine, I just need to vent and do it in a public forum. I needed to express what I was going through and once I had it down in writing I figured I’d be able to clear it out of my mind, a mental exhale, then move on.

If I ever go completely overboard, lose it and start drinking, you’ll never read about it. As a matter of fact, you’d probably never hear from me again.

So for the friends who responded, thank you. It means a lot to know you’re out there and that you care.

Here’s what I find interesting. I posted that just after midnight. About five minutes later, I received an email notification that someone had posted a comment. I wondered who I knew that would be up that late. It was a message from a total stranger offering some very nice positive reinforcement.

Who was this person? Nobody but a handful of friends and acquaintances reads this thing.

So I clicked on the name link and up pops this out of focus picture of what appeared to be a blonde woman. I couldn’t tell her age, but I’d say at the time somewhere in the mother years. (See how I dodged that bullet.)

So I wrote her back asking how she stumbled upon the blog.

Here’s her reply: ... through complete randomness of the "next blog" feature.

And this happened minutes after I posted.

Coincidence? Yeah it’s possible. If that’s the way you look at life it’s an odd one, but not impossible.

But it could also have been considered a sign. A message from something bigger than myself. A universal machine working to make sure that you are given what you need when you need it.

Take it as you choose to take it and I’ll take it how I choose.

Either way, someone I didn’t know reached out to comfort me and I am extremely grateful.

You can find a link to her blog, "Business Voodoo" on my side bar.

No comments: