Thursday, June 08, 2006

Personal Growth That Doesn't Involve An Erection

This is going to sound a little cryptic, but I’m going to shoot for feelings instead of circumstance.

Have you ever had a moment where you realized you were becoming a better person. This might be easier for me because I was such a shitty person to begin with. I’m not overstating that either. Sure I had some good points and did some good things, but mostly I was a real prick.

So to be able to be confronted by a situation, go through it and see who you are on the other side, is a new experience for me. No anger, no rage, or hurt, or this feeling of being out of control. That’s a bit of a lie, I was a little hurt, but I understood. For the first time in a very long time, I feel like a decent person.


Is it because I’m older? Is it because the emotions you go through when sober are different than when you are deep into the booze and drugs? Does it matter as long as I see that I am in a better place today? All of these things apply and I’ve got to say it… I’m kinda proud of myself.

Coming soon: More stupid stuff, including an interview with Richard Moll. I’ll also discuss what Moxie is. I know you hate it when I get all squishy sensitive.

No comments: