Monday, June 05, 2006

Hot Off The Press #5







By Scoop Snoopum

Daniel Roebuck is a television staple He’s appeared on more television shows than Frank Stallone. I had a chance to interview Daniel in this Hot Off The Press exclusive.

SS: Daniel Roebuck, how are you doing today?

DR: Good Scoop, thanks.

SS: Can I call you Dan?

DR: No.

SS: How about Cuddles?

DR: Sure.

SS: Cuddles, you’ve done a ton of television and some mighty fine movies. “The Devil’s Rejects”, is the one that always comes to mind.

DR: It was a great experience. I think Rob (Zombie) has really come along as a filmmaker. Did you every see his movie, “House Of A 1000 Corpses”?

SS: Yeah, it sucked balls.

DR: Hairy balls at that. So you know what I mean when Devil’s surpassed it a hundred fold.

SS: I completely agree. I’d like to move on to the role where people know you the most-

DR: -Leslie Arzt?

SS: Yep, Leslie Arzt from the hit show LOST. How’d you get that role?

DR: Funny story. I went in and had one hell of an audition. So I got the part.

SS: How’s that funny?

DR: Huh, I guess you’re right.

SS: Your character in LOST blew himself up while handling dynamite. How was that shot?

DR: I did my own stunts on that shoot.

SS: You did your own stunts?

DR: Yes I blew up. They wanted to being in a convict on death row for that gag, but I’m a pro and insisted I do it myself.

SS: You actually blew yourself up for that shot?

DR: You bet. I really think it brought out the reality of the scene. The audience can tell when something is faked. I believe in authenticity. When that gore hits Jorge Garcia (Hurley), that’s part of my thigh.

SS: Wow, that’s some good work.

DR: You bet. Jorge even kept a chunk. So I’ve got this divet in my thigh.

SS: Now that’s a funny story.

DR: Oh, yeah. I see the difference now.

SS: I’ve got to wrap this up Daniel-

DR: -Cuddles.

SS: Sorry. I’ve got to wrap this up Cuddles. Anything you want to promote before we go?

DR: Yeah, I’ll be appearing in the one-man show, “Lance Guest: Inside The Mind” at the Omaha Dinner Theater in August.

SS: As Lance Guest?

DR: Oh, yeah. It’s a great role. I’m really looking forward to it.


That’s another classic interview in the bank folks. So keep you’re eyes open for some more a list chats coming soon.


This interview has been brought to you by: Moxie Soda.









Don’t call it the runs, call it Moxie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»